Sunday, October 5, 2008

Day 2 PUBLISHED

Day 2

The next day I woke before Richard and suddenly I saw that Adnan and Sebastien were gone. I quickly woke Richard; I said that Adnan and Sebastien had gone. We went out of our hut and looked up at the sky the clouds looked strange, they were really quite grey and beaten looking.

“What’s that noise?” Richard asked.

“I think it’s a storm” I replied.

We then saw a small trail leading into the bush and thought something might have happened to our friends, so we decided to make weapons just in case. We made them from flax, sticks and stone. It took many tries but eventually we made our weaponry. I created a rock sling and Richard made an axe thing. We thought Sebastien and Adnan might have gone down that trail so we decided to follow it ourselves.

While we were walking along in the bush we tried to find food. After a long time of walking we heard a rustling in the bush, we got ready to attack because it might be another boar (we couldn’t take any chances). Just as we were about to strike some familiar faces popped out Jordan and James.

“What are you doing here?” I quickly asked.

They said “once you guys had gone up the mountain we waited for another half an hour but the parents still hadn’t turned up so we followed you.”

We then exchanged stories and it turned out they also had a friend disappear, another one had eaten poison berries and they talked to a Dog Man. Me and Richard told them about how Mr. Woody and some of our group had also disappeared. We decided to team up and to continue up the mountain.

After ages of walking we finally reached the top, boy it was beautiful up there. However there was also something other than the breathtaking sight. It was a square pyramid with about 5 massive steps on each side but ­­there was no visible entrance so we walked around the strange structure. Since there was no entrance we climbed to the top of the pyramid thinking we could find a way inside. However, by the time we got to the fourth step we were exhausted. Richard just happened to lean on the fifth step; amazingly the step moved revealing a dark pit. There seemed to be no way to climb down the pit, so we climbed back down the steps and got a rock. We threw it down the pit and heard a wio wio wio wio then nothing.

We decided to make a human chain with me on the end dangling in the dark pit. Suddenly I started to panic and to squirm and unfortunately I fell down down into the pit. As I was falling it was completely black until these ancient numbers that were gold started spinning slowly around me. I stopped feeling the sensation of falling; suddenly the gold numbers started speeding around me really quickly until they all disappeared in a flash of golden light. I looked up and saw a speck of light that somehow I was attracted to. For some reason the light came closer and closer until whoosh I passed my friends, I was flying! I soon landed next to my friends. “I think I found the way out, but it might not be safe and I might have super powers” I said to the others. They probably thought that was pretty cool me flying in mid air and all.

Suddenly there was a rustling in the bushes and some more familiar faces Hillary, Leina, Linda and Courtney appeared. We told them about the pyramid and how I fell in and how I have super powers.
Then Jordan said “why don’t we all jump in.”

Since nobody disagreed we counted 1, 2, 3 jump and we all jumped in. For some reason the pyramid rejected me and I went zooming into the sky. I looked down and everything looked so tiny like looking at an ant hill. Just then I saw a crater on the mountain it seemed to be getting closer, then I realised I was falling.

“Aah!” I shrieked as I was falling down to earth.

Just as I was about to hit the ground and probably die, there was a bright blue flash. I stopped just before I hit the ground I couldn’t believe my eyes.

The thing that had stopped me hitting the ground was ice! I ripped my body out and checked if I had hurt myself. I hadn’t but my body was made of ice! I just couldn’t believe it. I just stood in that one spot waiting for my brain to believe what was happening. Maybe I had gone mad but if I was mad how come I knew about it so I wasn’t mad. I thought maybe I could freeze things. I stuck my arms out and aimed at a tree, thought about it being frozen and suddenly a blue stream came out of my hands and the tree became covered in ice. Just then a whirring noise came over head I looked up and saw a silver figure on a board flying. It saw me and flew towards me. When it came face to face with me it looked strangely familiar like Sebastien.

“Sebastien” I said.

“Joseph?” he replied.

It definitely was Sebastien; it was really great to see a new friend.
“What happened to you?” I asked.

He said that someone had kidnapped him and he ate a funny mushroom and turned into this thing. I told him about the pyramid and things.

I then noticed how it was getting dark. We decided to get ready for the night. We saw a berry bush and thought it wouldn’t hurt to eat some and we grabbed a handful each. As I popped the purple berry in my mouth it froze when I looked at Sebastien his berry had turned silver. We decided to set up camp and I thought maybe if I froze a branch it would make it brittle and easy to snap. In fact, my theory was right it snapped right off. I did the same with three other branches and stabbed them in the ground and made an ice roof. Unfortunately I had lost my equipment when in mid air so I just lay under the stars and thought about what had happened to me these last days. I eventually dozed off. In the night my dreams seemed to be evil like someone was trying to control my mind.

1 comment:

MrWoody said...

Splendid use of paragraphing, young writer chap. :-)