Sunday, October 5, 2008

Day 3 PUBLISHED

Day 3

The next morning I woke to the pitter patter of rain drops. I looked over at Sebastien and saw he was still in a deep sleep probably having a lovely dream. I then started staring into thin air remembering what it was like at home with a nice snug bed, cool toys and the yummy food. I really wished that I was home.

Sebastien yawned as he was up and rubbed his eyes.

“Nice sleep?” I asked

“Yes” he replied as he did another big yawn.

“It’s raining” I said. I stepped out of the shelter and into the cold rain but I didn’t feel it because I was made of ice. I looked at my body to see how wet I was, an amazing thing instead of the water dribbling off my arms it went into my skin I quickly ran under the shelter I was dry as a fallen autumn leaf

“Sebastien, look at me. Am I wet?”

“No, why?” he replied wearily

“Well I was just out in the rain and I’m dry!” I said quickly. Suddenly his eyes lit up

“That is sooo cool!” he shouted

“I know!”

There was a short silence because the rain had stopped. Since neither of us was hungry we set out exploring more of this mysterious mountain. Sebastien hopped on his silver board and I thought I could freeze a path for myself. Sebastien zoomed off into the air as I gently slid across my ice. After a few minutes of this, I saw little blasts on the ground.

“Hey Sebastien look down there” I said and he looked down and saw them too.

“Should we go down?” I asked curiously.

“Yeah ok” he replied blandly.

We slowly made our descent down and heard people shouting and loud blasts. Once we touched the ground there were all these weird fairy things that looked agonized flying around. BOOM a big fireball exploded right next to us and another came right towards us. I quickly made an ice wall to stop it. I froze a fairy thing to a tree to ask it what was going on.

“What’s happening?” I yelled.

It looked at me blankly so I tried again

“What’s happening?”

This time it replied.

“This is a battle!” it yelled back.

“It’s a battle going on” I yelled to Sebastien.

“Of course it is” he yelled back as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“Come on lets get out of here” Sebastien said.

He quickly hopped back on his board as did I. Slowly Sebastien and I rose into the air and we were off, it was a bit wobbly at first but I froze my feet to the board. I suggested we go to the top of the mountain so we did I could see so much from this high as the view was just like the one I had when the pyramid rejected me. Once we had got to the very top of the mountain the majestic pyramid was still there.

“That’s the way home Sebastien” I said.

Sebastien’s eyes grew wide when he saw the marvellous place; we landed down at the bottom of the beautiful pyramid. I ripped my feet out of the ice holds and stepped off, the top step was still lifted so Sebastien and I stood on it.

“Ready?” I asked

“Ready,” he replied.

1, 2, 3, jump.

We both jumped and started the long fall back home.

But somehow I kept falling.

Just kept falling.

And falling and falling.

No comments: